Recent dramatic drops in marketing mail have created an opportunity for B2C marketers to provide top-tier offers to past, present and potential customers. With numerous events, schools and business’s canceled or closed, there is increasingly less mail being sent to consumers. Mortgage professionals may now send offers that won’t get lost in the usual stack of bills, advertisements and local coupons.
The smartest marketing investment you can make during the COVID-19 pandemic (and beyond) is to INCREASE DIRECT MAIL MARKETING efforts. As a mortgage professional, you have the unique opportunity to help ease financial concerns for millions of Americans. People are turning to the equity in their homes now more than ever, and combined with consumers checking their mailboxes more frequently and historically low rates, the best way to reach this group of refi ready customers is through direct mail.
Direct mail remains one of the most effective ways to stay in touch, communicate, and market—even in this time of uncertainty. Using direct mail as your marketing vehicle is an incredibly effective way to practice customer acquisition and customer retention. Even as states across the country loosen their stay-at-home orders, there is still a very large population of people at home for the foreseeable future. This is why direct mail, now more than ever before, should be used as a primary communication channel.
Marketing is the lifeline of your business, cutting it off could create unnecessary damage, or worse.
Here are 5 strategic ways to refine your Direct Mail Marketing efforts:
- Keep the message relevant. Each Camber mail-piece is designed with a focus on funded loans and converted deals. You won’t have to guess if a particular letter will be effective. Instead, we will launch a proven, predictable strategy that has demonstrated its ability to outperform industry response and conversion rates. Our campaigns have been tested and optimized so you can immediately achieve superior results by generating more leads that convert into more profitable loans.
- Deploy a targeted marketing strategy. Camber does an in-depth analysis of your target audience and refines segments and strategy to provide a fresh, well targeted database of lead prospects that are ideal candidates to receive your offer.
- Stay engaged with your customers and members. You cannot effectively retain business and loyalty if you aren’t actively communicating with your customers. When mortgage opportunities present themselves, you won’t be the only lender reaching out to eligible borrowers. There are several strategies available to communicate with your existing book of business, like launching a past client campaign or implementing Camber’s 24/7 Monitoring Program which helps you stay engaged by notifying you and sending a letter out on your behalf when one of your customers enters the market for a new loan.
- Be in for the long haul. The marketing you do today will generate leads 2 to 6 weeks from now. It will take another 4 to 6 weeks to close those loans. What you do today affects your business 6 to 12 weeks from now.
- Never stop marketing. During times of uncertainty the last thing you want to do is pull back on your marketing efforts. Marketing is the lifeline of your business, cutting it off could create unnecessary damage, or worse. No matter if you’re a single loan officer, a big bank or hometown credit union, weathering the storm now builds and maintains your brand for the sunny days ahead.
With more than 20 years of first hand financial marketing experience, Camber has the know-how to drive mortgage leads to customers through times of both economic expansions and recessions. Utilize our master strategists, data scientists, creative team and in-house quality control and printing operation, to help you navigate and get the most out of your marketing during COVID-19.